[mdx] Publisher authorisation

Josh Howlett Josh.Howlett at ja.net
Tue Apr 28 15:58:34 PDT 2009

> And to be explicit: I think we should not define the "updload
> of elements tot the aggregator" which I think is the wrong
> approach until the day when we build a full bidirectional protocol.

Agreed. For the particular case of eduGAIN, I think the metadata
signature will suffice for authentication in the case of the 'pull'
model, and I think this is trivally satisified by the proposed
architecture.

(In the context of eduGAIN, we need to worry about how we bind the
signing key to the known/unknown publisher, but that's clearly an
implementation consideration and out-of-scope here.)

However, I guess this might be complicated if we think we choose to be
concerned about provenance where we have a chain of aggregators. If we
decide to care about this, then this might have profiling and/or
protocol considerations.

josh.