[mdx] what to trust

Leif Johansson leifj at mnt.se
Mon May 4 14:28:02 PDT 2009

So I've been playing around trying to model the architecture and I'm trying
to understand how to model trust. Specifically I'm working with a simple
model

* EntityMetadata
	- carries the actual metadata
* Location
	- a place where metadata resides
* Authentication
	- a reason to trust metadata

Right now my feeling is that EntityMetadata is associated with 1 or more
Location (an EntityDescriptor can come from several places) and that a
Location is associated with 0 or more Authentication instances, i.e trust
in metadata is dependent on both what is used to establish technical
trust (eg a signature) aswell as the location from which the metadata
was obtained.

Does that sound reasonable?

	Cheers Leif