[mdx] MDX & expressing communites-of-interest

Thomas Lenggenhager lenggenhager at switch.ch
Tue May 19 02:28:21 PDT 2009

Thanks for your interesting discussions so far. Due to holidays,
I was not able to follow it the last two weeks. While reading the
messages now, I support your conclusions.

To clarify the proposal to use AffiliationDescriptor and due to lack
of an AffiliationDescriptor example in the spec I write down what I
understood it stands for:

You can use an EntityDescriptor with only an AffiliationDescriptor
instead of any other descriptor like RoleDescriptors. In AffiliateMember
it lists all the entityIDs of the affiliates.

What is unclear to me is
- What entityID would be used for this EntityDescriptor? The same
  value as for affiliationOwnerID or does it not matter at all?
- Why does the metadata spec refer to these entities as 'typically
  service providers' [page 22, line 941]
  Wouldn't it make as much sense for the IdPs?

Thomas

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities