[mdx] Metadata Retrieval Protocol, WD03

Chad La Joie lajoie at itumi.biz
Thu Apr 15 12:50:52 PDT 2010

After a long hiatus, I'm back to working on this stuff.  Attached is
draft 3 of the metadata retrieval protocol.  The most significant change
is in the layout.

The actual content changes include:
- Explicit statement of HTTP status codes used by the service
- Explicit requirement to support md5 and sha1 hashing mechanisms as
identifier transformations

Leif has recommended, and I've agreed to, submit this document to the
IETF experimental track.  So, if you could, please have your comments
back to me by the end of next week.  At which point I'll incorporate
them and prepare the document for submission to the IETF.

--
Chad La Joie
www.itumi.biz