[mdx] [gn3-jra3-t2] Querying a list of Identity Providers from the Metadata Aggregator

Scott Cantor cantor.2 at osu.edu
Tue Jul 13 13:26:47 PDT 2010

> Well I can see value in having a json representation of SAML metadata
> (some people are even looking into json-dsig would you believe it...)
> but the way to request it and other things like preferred language
> should be using HTTP mechanisms and not request parameters.

I agree, but I'm just saying that in preference to us defining something
like that in isolation, it's something that can always be done locally as
part of acquiring the metadata and before handing it to something that's
incapable of handling XML. The value of leaving it as XML as long as
possible is that XSLT can turn it into anything quite easily.

OTOH, if a *standard* JSON format is needed, then we probably need to decide
what the requirements are, and take them to the appropriate body.

But I'm hearing that metadata isn't what's desired here, but a subset of it,
so I'm looking for alternatives (like XRD).

-- Scott