[mdx] [gn3-jra3-t2] Querying a list of Identity Providers from the Metadata Aggregator

Ian Young ian at iay.org.uk
Wed Jul 28 06:04:47 PDT 2010

On 26 Jul 2010, at 16:06, Leif Johansson wrote:

> The DS only needs to bulk dl the IDPs right? For SAML2 it may need to
> look at extensions for the SP but those can be looked up using MDX
> right?

In principle, that's correct, the only reasons the DS needs SP metadata are:

* discovery protocol return location verification

* user interface extensions (logos, etc.)

I'd try and avoid the use of the term "MDX" to mean just Chad's (first) proposed protocol, though; metadata exchange is a broader topic and I'd prefer the list not to end up focussing down on just one niche proposal.

	-- Ian