[mdx] comments on metadata-retrieval-protocol-03.html

Chad La Joie lajoie at itumi.biz
Thu May 6 05:26:59 PDT 2010

On 5/5/10 7:51 AM, Ian Young wrote:
> 2.4  Shouldn't the response contain something to say whether compression has been used?

Yes, you're correct.  Content-Encoding should be required in the
response if compression is used.

> You don't indicate any rules by which a requester could know when it should expire negative cache information.  I seem to recall there are such rules for the DNS (minimum TTL from the zone SOA, from my reading of section 4 of http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2308.html) so perhaps we should say something explicit here rather than leaving it completely open.  Not sure what, though.

Again, I think you're correct and I think the appropriate way to do this
would be to explicitly state how Cache-Control should be used in the
response (both when information is found and when it is not).

--
Chad La Joie
www.itumi.biz