[mdx] Request URL format description

Chad La Joie lajoie at itumi.biz
Tue Mar 8 05:28:12 PST 2011

2011/3/8 Milan Sova <sova at cesnet.cz>:
> 3.2.1. defines the request URL format as:
>
> "<base_url>/entities/{ID}+{ID}+..."
>
> i. e. the request is constructed by concatenating  the base_url value,
> the literal "/entities/" and the list of IDs.
>
>  - ( just curious, what is the purpose of inserting the string
> "/entities/"?)

Just so that there is a well-known "collection" identifier in the URL.
 Initially there were two such collections but we merged them together
given a suggestions by Leif.

>  - my first reading of the format would imply that the IDs should be
> enclosed in {}. However, in the example in 3.2.3 the ID is used without
> them. I assume the example is correct, right? If yes, the request URL
> format in 3.2.1. might be better described as:

The '{' and '}' were simply markers for "identifier goes here".
Pretty sure the actual normative text does not say anything about
them.

--
Chad La Joie
www.itumi.biz