[mdx] Hi from a new guy

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Fri Sep 14 11:11:59 PDT 2012

On 9/14/12 1:56 PM, "Andy Dale" <dalea at oclc.org> wrote:

>So first... Is there anyone still on this list that wants to make
>progress? Are there other lists we should notify and include if we do
>want to proceed? I¹m willing to do a little wrangling and maybe even a
>little documentation of consensus if there are interested participants.

I think my skepticism in the value of taking it forward has been rooted
more in the fact that there aren't implementations with usable support for
metadata as a trust fabric, and I didn't really see that changing.

We also didn't really have any sense that there would be implementers of a
spec outside the Shibboleth Project, and so having already more or less
implemented something that works with any HTTP source of metadata, I
wasn't in any real hurry to do anything until federations got serious
about actually deploying something.

InCommon is starting some discussions about metadata distribution changes
so the time is probably convenient to pick it up again.

-- Scott