[mdx] kicking starting MDX for REEP

Nicole Harris harris at terena.org
Wed Apr 3 05:42:07 PDT 2013

Hi All

This is basically a call to start talking about kick starting effort in
MDX again.  We are getting close to an operational REEP
(reep.refeds.org) and part of my job at the moment is writing up the
processes that federations will need to go through in order to
participate in REEP.  MDX would play a helpful part in that.

We haved some funding in the REFEDS budget thanks to the generosity of
ISOC, and we have briefly spoken in the past about buying up some of
Ian's time for this...but there would need to be a plan regarding next
steps for MDX (which has expired) for this to work. I fully admit to not
following the development to date (I've only just signed up to the
list), but have a very specific interest in getting this going now for
REEP :-)

Discuss....

Nicole