[mdx] kicking starting MDX for REEP

Ian Young ian at iay.org.uk
Wed Apr 3 11:19:45 PDT 2013

On 3 Apr 2013, at 19:01, "Cantor, Scott" <cantor.2 at osu.edu> wrote:

> I haven't spent a lot of time thinking about it, but I think I probably
> would advocate, if anything was going to be done with it, to just turn it
> into an OASIS draft and get it done. The feedback will be minimal, and it
> will be done quickly.

That seems like a pretty good idea to me, particularly if you were prepared to take it through that process yourself: as I understand it, as a TC observer I'm unable to do so.  I guess there's also a possibility that we can rope Chad back in to some extent, given that he's still a TC member albeit now on behalf of his new employer.

The other alternative, which I discussed briefly with Nicole back at the start of the year, would be to come up with some funding from somewhere for me to continue with the current draft within the IETF process.  In some ways I can see that might be slightly more appropriate in theory than taking it through the SAML TC, as the protocol was always designed to be generic and not SAML-specific.  In practice, though, the reason we're interested in it is for SAML and the SAML TC therefore seems like a good forum to use.

	-- Ian