[mdx] Feedback on https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-young-md-query/

Ian Young ian at iay.org.uk
Mon Aug 26 11:31:25 PDT 2013

On 22 Aug 2013, at 23:16, Joe St Sauver <joe at oregon.uoregon.edu> wrote:

> Recently had the chance to eyeball
>
>  https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-young-md-query/
>
> a little. Ian encouraged me to join the list and share my feedback
> directly (looking at the archives, I see some familiar faces :-)).

Hi Joe,

Thanks for re-posting your comments and questions here.  As I said on the TAC list, this is probably the most anyone has looked at the draft in the last couple of years, and thanks again for taking the time.

As I think I also mentioned there, some of your questions are things we have discussed in the past (Scott's mail covered most of those) but some are fresh.  I think there's some value in trying to make the document clearer to address some of these issues, and there are definitely a couple of places we might make small changes.

Unfortunately, I'll be unable to put a fuller response together until probably the end of the week now, as I've had to dive off to address some other developing issues.  I'm sure that's a common experience for everyone here…

The current plan is for me to start a fairly structured walk through the outstanding issues such as they are (and we may add a few to the list from your document), with a view to getting to an -01 next month some time.  This should be adequate for the REEP work at least in the short term.  That walkthrough will probably start next week.  Discussion will take place on this list, with the GitHub issues just being used to track what's outstanding, rather than progress.

	-- Ian