[mdx] md-query identifiers, transforms, extensions

Ian Young ian at iay.org.uk
Tue Nov 26 07:03:40 PST 2013

As we seem to have successfully lifted the SAML-specific concerns out into the new document, I have gone back to the base md-query text and (as planned) made some fairly large changes around the area of identifiers.

New text is here, as usual, section 3.1:

https://github.com/iay/md-query/blob/master/draft-young-md-query.txt

The first thing to note is that the new text is more precise about what an identifier is by using ABNF. I'm hoping that's reasonably familiar to people but if not then there is a reference to the ABNF RFC at the end.

The other major change is that the discussion of transformed identifiers has been entirely removed, now that it is described in md-query-saml. Instead, identifiers starting with "{" are described as a general extension point, with associated grammar and processing rules.

I may have over-egged this part by including the "extarg" production as well as "extmore"; opinions welcome.

"extname" is defined to match URI scheme names and the like.

	-- Ian