[mdx] Joe on section 2.2

Ian Young ian at iay.org.uk
Tue Oct 1 09:23:19 PDT 2013

On 1 Oct 2013, at 15:53, "Cantor, Scott" <cantor.2 at osu.edu> wrote:

> My impression was that Leif was saying exactly that, but I'll let him
> speak to that.

What I heard was a claim that there were multiple sophisticated HTTP libraries in Python, which I'm prepared to accept[1]. What I didn't hear, and what I think the important consideration is here, is a claim that some or all of those assume that you do cacheing using HEAD and are unable to perform conditional GET.

	-- Ian

[1] although one of the Python mottoes is supposed to be "There should be one-- and preferably only one --obvious way to do it."