[mdx] Joe on section 2.2

Ian Young ian at iay.org.uk
Tue Oct 1 10:16:32 PDT 2013

On 1 Oct 2013, at 17:45, Rainer Hoerbe <rainer at hoerbe.at> wrote:

> I do not know about other libraries, but I guess a similar fallback would be possible as well.

Thanks for the info. I'm personally quite low down on the Python curve, although I've been trying to pick it up in the last few weeks. There do seem to be a lot of HTTP libraries to choose from, though.

I did find this article that implies that the Python httplib2 library has been able to do validator-based cacheing since 2005 (judging by the timestamps in the examples):

http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2006/02/01/doing-http-caching-right-introducing-httplib2.html

http://oreil.ly/171m7a9

	-- Ian