[mdx] Joe on section 3.2.1

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Mon Sep 30 12:34:46 PDT 2013

On 9/30/13 3:13 PM, "Tom Scavo" <trscavo at gmail.com> wrote:

>I can't think of a better notation either. A space between IDs aligns
>with standard mathematical notation but that leads to ugly URLs IMO.

Actually if that's an encoded '+', it is a space. If it's not an encoded
'+', then the URLs are already ugly, since a '+' has to be encoded (being
that it encodes a space).

This is frankly why I don't like REST APIs, they try and avoid query
strings when it's standard practice on the web to use them. The most
appropriate syntax would be to define a parameter name to use and just
have it appear more than once, and then your separator is just '&'.

Using PATH_INFO, we have to be clear about what we're presenting being
encoded or unencoded.

-- Scott