[mdx] syntax for entity-attributes

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Wed Sep 3 23:47:04 PDT 2014

On 9/4/14, 12:20 AM, "Tom Scavo" <trscavo at gmail.com> wrote:

>The browser client converts an entityID URI to a SHA-1 hash (in
>JavaScript) and passes the latter to the server. No mapping on the
>server.

In terms of being able to make requests using the {SHA-1} syntax, that
seems ok, since that syntax assumes the client is making the request with
the hash directly. No regard for where/when/how the client actually does
that step, but it's the MDQ client doing it.

>I'm questioning the removal of {extname} from the base spec. I'm
>wondering out loud if {sha1} should be put back into the base spec?

Well, I guess the point is that our assumption was that it's a SAML use
case that wouldn't apply to much else. If you have a use for it outside
that use case, that's ok, but what you're describing here is just as
trivial to do on the server side without requiring the client to send a
hashed version of the entityID, I could do it in 10 lines of bash.

-- Scott