[mdx] requesting all entities

Tom Scavo trscavo at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 14:32:25 PST 2017

On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 4:33 PM, Leif Johansson <leifj at sunet.se> wrote:
> On 2017-01-14 16:46, Tom Scavo wrote:
>>
>> That said, it's pretty obvious (to me) how that section might be
>> rewritten. Any given MDQ server MAY serve a full aggregate, but if it
>> does, it MUST do it like this...
>
> Why not say that an MDQ server must either respond with the full
> aggregate or return a redirect to where the full aggregate can be
> found.

I could actually meet that requirement :-) but now that you mention
it, I'm not sure why we would require a full aggregate to exist in the
first place. That seems fairly short-sighted.

Okay, so let me back up and withdraw my suggestion altogether. I don't
know what the best solution is. Perhaps it will be more clear once
we've addressed the discovery problem.

Tom