[mdx] Concepts document V1.9

Ian Young ian at iay.org.uk
Wed May 20 06:22:18 PDT 2009

On 19 May 2009, at 12:43, Thomas Lenggenhager wrote:

> What a pity. Any other volunteer, preferably native English or
> American?

Chad put in some sterling work in this area on the earlier drafts, and
I'm hoping that when he has time we'll be able to have another session
to clarify the current document.  Given that we're talking about
fairly heavy rewrites, though, I'm not looking for random volunteers
at this point.

> We can surely do with it as it is. I just thought the more condensed
> it
> is the better the chances it gets read, especially because it has no
> abstract or conclusion part which would allow to quickly grasp what's
> all about.

You're right, of course.  I did consider adding an abstract and/or
conclusions but in the end decided that making it longer again wasn't
going to help.  I'd expect most people will be referred to this
document by a member of this group anyway, at least to start with, so
they will probably have some idea of what they are getting into already.

> More important is to get it out next week than waiting much longer.

OK.  My current plan is to think up a covering note, correct the typos
you pointed out in other mail (thanks!) and post that later today.
That doesn't preclude making another improved version before you all
hit Màlaga, but we'll have something solid out there even if we can't
do that.

	-- Ian