[mdx] MDX & expressing communites-of-interest

Thomas Lenggenhager lenggenhager at switch.ch
Wed May 20 06:51:31 PDT 2009

Ian Young wrote:
> On 20 May 2009, at 14:08, Thomas Lenggenhager wrote:
>> What needs to be solved for operational reasons:
>> Anyone can assert an affiliation membership for a collection of
>> entityIDs, even without these entities are aware of and do agree!
>
> I really don't see this as a problem, as long we understand that
> defining the *meaning* of the grouping is the responsibility of the
> affiliation entity registrant.

OK. But therefore, it makes much sense to require that a reference to
the written down practice statement for this affiliation gets added into
the affiliation description, the same way as for the registrars and
aggregators.
Then the consumers of such an affiliation description have a chance to
find out what it means and what not.

Thomas

--
SWITCH