[mdx] [Shib-Dev] Dynamic Metadata Provider for IdP

Chad La Joie lajoie at itumi.biz
Thu Jul 8 12:27:11 PDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 21:22, Scott Cantor <cantor.2 at osu.edu> wrote:
>> I'm not sure I understand what you mean.  For a look up by entity ID
>> you'd have something like
>>
>> <baseUrl>/<urlEcodedEntityID>
>>
>> for a look up by artifact hash you'd have
>>
>> <baseUrl>/{sha}<hash>
>
> That was basically the original question, which seemed to be "can the plugin
> hash the entityID when it creates the URL"?
>
> In that case, the two cases would look identical, and I was trying to
> understand if that was ok.
>
> I think what you may be saying is, "no, but you don't do that".

No, I'm saying they would be identical and the MD query responder
wouldn't care.  Now my IdP plugin wouldn't do that, but that's just
because there is no need to hash the ID since you can just query on it
directly.  Hash isn't that expensive, but why do it if you don't have
to.

--
Chad La Joie
www.itumi.biz