[mdx] kicking starting MDX for REEP

Leif Johansson leifj at sunet.se
Sat Apr 6 06:12:43 PDT 2013

On 04/05/2013 11:43 AM, Nicole Harris wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Many thanks for all of the feedback, which I am going to try and
> summarise and make some recommendations below.
>
> The overall preference seems to be to keep this in IETF in the
> independent stream for now, so can I recommend that we agree to this?
>
> Leif and Ian have expressed a willingness to support taking this work
> forward at IETF, and Scott is happy to support to ensure it continues
> to work in current implementations.  Given the demands on Leif's time
> and the timeframes for REEP, can I suggest that we move forward and
> contract Ian to take on this work and use Leif's time to support Ian
> with his knowledge of IETF processes and requirements? (and of course
> feeding in to the spec).
>
> I think I am right in saying that the move to a rep on github under
> Ian's control has already happened?
>
> I can sort out the arrangements at the TERENA end if Ian and Leif
> would be willing to schedule a call fairly soon to talk about the
> scope of work to be done.
+1

Why don't we aim for a call for anyone who is expecting to (or have)
implemented
something like MDX so that we can align requirements with the people who
will care
the most about the outcome of this.

I can think of Ian, me, JB, Scott and maybe someone from the SSP
community if we
can find somebody.

Can you help set us up with a time and a "place" Nicole?