[mdx] MDQ questions

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Mon Nov 25 11:49:12 PST 2013

On 11/25/13, 11:57 AM, "Ian Young" <ian at iay.org.uk> wrote:

>The first question is: What value is that '+' operator delivering, in
>terms of enabling actual use cases?

The most likely use case I can think of involves SPs that happen to
interact with smaller sets of IdPs, and want to query for them all at once
for discovery purposes. But that's a union case, not an intersection, and
it's pretty contrived once you get to a non-trivial count of IdPs.

And for the record, I suppose switching to '*' is the simplest way to
address the syntax objection, perhaps with '+' being kept as a union
operator.

-- Scott