[mdx] MDQ questions

Ian Young ian at iay.org.uk
Tue Nov 26 07:33:41 PST 2013

On 26 Nov 2013, at 14:19, Tom Scavo <trscavo at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I can see the need to address specific use cases such as "give me the JSON metadata for all discoverable IdPs" but an arbitrary identifier is sufficient for the ones I can think of.
>
> Not if you're trying to define a query language, but evidently that is
> not the goal.

Indeed not. I actually have an issue open here to try and set expectations:

	https://github.com/iay/md-query/issues/5

I should get round to that.

> FWIW, I support a single identifier and I agree with you that we'll
> probably get a lot of mileage out of that simple syntax.

I think so too. I do want to leave some kind of extension point in just in case we need to come back to this. One hook is the more general handling of "{" in the spec now, but of course one can always just define new paths under the base URL which have richer syntax as well.

	-- Ian