[mdx] MDQ questions

Tom Scavo trscavo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 06:19:31 PST 2013

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 4:40 PM, Ian Young <ian at iay.org.uk> wrote:

> Speaking as someone who would be a deployer of this technology, I really can't see any likelihood that I'd want to deploy something that supported arbitrary queries.

Yes, this has been discussed and everyone agrees but this isn't what
you asked before.

> I can see the need to address specific use cases such as "give me the JSON metadata for all discoverable IdPs" but an arbitrary identifier is sufficient for the ones I can think of.

Not if you're trying to define a query language, but evidently that is
not the goal.

FWIW, I support a single identifier and I agree with you that we'll
probably get a lot of mileage out of that simple syntax.

Tom