[mdx] MD Query draft question

Ian Young ian at iay.org.uk
Mon Jun 23 08:19:52 PDT 2014

On 23 Jun 2014, at 12:58, Lukas Hämmerle <lukas.haemmerle at switch.ch> wrote:

> Ok, setting "AllowEncodedSlashes NoDecode" for the VirtualHost
> (unfortunately not allowed on Location or Directory level) solves this
> issue, even without lowering the web server security too much.

Great. I had to do something similar in my Spring/Jetty implementation. I think it's quite common to need to do something like this in REST style when the identifiers you're passing around aren't just "1234" or "abcd".

>> It may be that we need to call out the query parameter thing as well
>> to clarify this, in the way we already do for fragment identifiers.
>
> That indeed might be helpful because "It MUST NOT include URL
> fragments." might not be sufficiently clear to everyone as my example
> shows :-)

I have been intending to rework some of that section anyway, to simplify the peculiar business of "add a '/' if there isn't one already" later in the document, so I will try and catch this at the same time. New issue for this:

	https://github.com/iay/md-query/issues/14

I have added you to the "sender list" for the MDX mailing list, so feel free to send subsequent queries there if you like. Or join it if you're interested; sign-up is here: