[mdx] requesting all entities

Tom Scavo trscavo at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 15:09:46 PST 2017

On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 5:47 PM, Ian Young <iayoung at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm intrigued by the option of returning a redirect (not necessarily for
> this use case, but in general), but I wouldn't want to assume that existing
> client implementations handled that already. Any knowledge here?

Yes, we know for example that Shibboleth will follow redirects. We
know this because InCommon has been trying to phase out an old
metadata endpoint location for a very long time. I won't write that
location here (don't want to persist it in the archives :) but we
configured a redirect at that location a long time ago, and yes, it
Just Works.

Knowing that doesn't really change anything in my view. I don't see
why an MDQ server should be required to serve an aggregate. If I were
a new federation starting from scratch, that would seem like an
unnecessary burden.

Tom