[mdx] requesting all entities

Ian Young ian at iay.org.uk
Mon Jan 16 01:04:04 PST 2017

Resent from the correct address.

> On 14 Jan 2017, at 15:46, Tom Scavo <trscavo at gmail.com <mailto:trscavo at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> That said, it's pretty obvious (to me) how that section might be
> rewritten. Any given MDQ server MAY serve a full aggregate, but if it
> does, it MUST do it like this...

The last time we talked this through, it seemed to me as if saying something about this particular (potential) response was missing an opportunity to clarify that *any* response might be restricted by policy. Taking that approach might affect the list of status codes we use, though.

I'm intrigued by the option of returning a redirect (not necessarily for this use case, but in general), but I wouldn't want to assume that existing client implementations handled that already. Any knowledge here?

    -- Ian