[mdx] [Shib-Dev] Dynamic Metadata Provider for IdP

Scott Cantor cantor.2 at osu.edu
Thu Jul 8 12:13:13 PDT 2010

> Well there is a standard tag for the transform at least and I would
> assume the client would know which it needed to do.  For the metadata
> provider I was planning on implement I was thinking I would have just
> have the base URL, everything up until tag, and then the code would
> know how to construct the tag.

I get that part, but I had thought that the tag syntax might come to include
multiple tags of different types and the tag part might be more than just
the data, but also some kind of qualifier/label for the data.

So I was thinking that just a fixed base URL wouldn't cut it for tags that
represent different data (an entityID vs. a source ID). Maybe I'm
misunderstanding the intent?

-- Scott