[mdx] What next with MDX

Andy Dale dalea at oclc.org
Mon Sep 17 09:40:05 PDT 2012

Thanks all that showed interest in making progress on this!

>From what I understand the primary Œopen issue¹ is the extended syntax
proposed by Leif. From reviewing the MDX thread on this I am a little lost
and would love a basic explanation of the problem and solution.

There is mention on the list that the spec has Œexpired¹. Presumably that is
an IETF spec status thing. Do we as a group want to set a goal to bring the
IETF spec into any particular state of formality?

I believe that Chad was the sole editor of the original spec and that he is
no longer able to contribute at that level (or maybe I¹m wrong about that).
Is there anyone else who wants to edit? I would be willing to try, I have
contributed to several specs but never been Œthe editor¹ before.

Are there other use cases, extensions, clarifications that we want to add
into the mix? (I will send a separate email with my specific problem and
what I was thinking about a solution before I became aware of MDX).

Thanks again,

Andy Dale